A Great Way to Build Community
Connecting with other bloggers through the blogs they write not only inspires me, but makes me feel part of a community filled with interesting people. A rather cool Canadian couple nominated me today for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, which is a very clever way of creating community amongst bloggers. Make sure you check out their lovely blog: busanbyday.wordpress.com
The rules of accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
While thinking about ‘interesting things about myself’, I came to the conclusion that, although I often feel lost and awkward in social situations, it is the connections I make with people that distil random moments into memorable experiences.
7 (hopefully) Interesting things about me:
- Despite being introverted, I studied Drama at university and taught Dramatic Arts for many years.
- I love to travel consciously, spending enough time in one place to scratch a little bit more than just the surface.
- Yin Yoga is my favourite type of yoga to practise.
- I would rather spend my time curled up with a book, than socializing.
- I love spending time outside at sunrise and sunset.
- It is when I am walking that I feel at peace with myself and my surroundings.
- I love being married and consider my husband my best friend.
I read many blogs and trying to choose only 15 was quite a challenge. The following blogs are worth a visit as they all have something unique and inspiring to offer: